Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday

I went to church this morning. It was pretty tight. So, we're in the middle of advent. Growing up, we never did anything adventish. I guess its just christmas but for the whole month? Last week Moses preached and it was awesome. He talked alot about the prophets. I appreciated his comments about the prophets being in the church but coming the margins. It made me think of Ched Meyers saying something to the extent of "keep one foot in the church, keep your other foot in the world but keep most weight on the latter." I guess Moses tried to dress up like he was homeless or something. It just confused me but it was funny. For the most part he was just calling everything how he sees it. I admire him for that. He seems to always speak his mind and not be afraid of stepping on people's toes when he knows he needs to speak the truth. James preached today and he went the route of John the (ana?)Baptist. It was awesome. I love JtheB. He is one of my favorite people in the bible. Moses read some stuff from Isaiah last week so that means my favorite two prophets, two weeks in a row. James was telling us JtheB's message is still totally relevant for us today. Stand up/speak up to the powers to be(even if kills us). I've never heard stuff like that in church growing up. JMC is pretty tight. After church we had an OCC meeting. I'm hoping to get involved with that. I've really been wanting to get involved with some sort of military counter-recruitment so its awesome that there is an organization thats actually looking for young people to do just that. Thats all I got. I'm trying to read Politics of Jesus by John Howard Yoder right now. I have way too many books laying around so I get distracted very easy. OCC benefit show friday night. I'm pumped. Peace out girl scouts.

No comments: