Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Long time coming

So here is the deal, I wouldn't mind blogging. I'll try to start.
This is whats going on of late.
I live at home. Its pretty cool. I love my parents, they are really awesome, and its been good to hang out with them after being gone for so long.

I go to Joy Mennonite Church. It rules. I never knew so many cool people existed in Oklahoma. The people are very kingdom minded and that rules. Just going there has shown me how much stuff is going on in OKC. Its encouraging.

Its looking like the Infoshop will be having a benefit show for the OCC next friday. I'm so pumped.

I went to the SOA protest two weeks ago. It ruled. JMC helped me out and that ruled.

I met John Dear. That was crazy. I just finished his latest book, A Persistent Peace. That dude is crazy and his story is even crazier. Check him out. His book is being offered for free as a e-book btw.

What should I do with my life?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I was at the SOA protest too! I was actually there with John Dear. I heard him speak a couple of years ago & he changed my life. Funny how life is b/c I work at the publisher, Loyola Press, who printed his book A Persistent Peace. Glad you liked his book. Have you seen his BBC interview? wow....
I like your question of what should you do with your life & your love for social justice. Have you ever heard of the JVC? Check it out - you might like it. http://www.jesuitvolunteers.org/

STEFAN said...

michelle, i'm some what new to blogspot and i don't know how to comment on your site. maybe we met at the soa. i remember talking to a lady at father john's table because i read his whole book on the internet. was that you?

Michelle said...

Yes, I remember that you read the entire book online! I don't have a blog :( but you can find me on facebook or email me at halm@loyolapress.com
Hope all is well!